Friday, December 31, 2010

Not me in Nityananda sex video: Actress Ranjita

Chennai: Tamil actress Ranjitha Friday denied that she was not the woman in a sex video involving Godman Nityananda Swami.

"I am not the woman in the video," Ranjitha said at a press meet here in her first public appearance after the sex scandal broke out in March.

"What has happened in the last few months has been fabricated," Ranjita, who Thursday lodged a police complaint against Lenin Karuppan, former driver of Nityananda who caught the swami in the sex act and then released the video clippings.

She, however, asserted: "I am a devotee of Nityananda and will remain so."

"I was scared. I was threatened. I did not know what will happen to me or to my parents. Hence I left for the United States on March 3 and returned on June 14," Ranjitha said.

In the complaint she filed with Ramanagaram police Thursday, she accused Lenin and two others of maligning her image.

"I have been in the film world for 18 years now. This episode did harm my career but I am still getting offers." She added.