Thursday, December 30, 2010

"I'm not exploited enough" - Sanjana

Bangalore: She hasn't managed to secure a place as a top heroine in her home industry of Sandalwood. Sanjjanaa's hoping that her latest film, Shivrajkumar's new flick, will reverse her fortunes.

Does she worry that she's been typecast as a glam doll? "I don't really care about my image. I do admit, though, that my acting talent is not exploited enough in Kannada films. I'm quite bored of just looking glamorous on-screen, so I've decided to take up more performance-oriented roles in the future,"

"The Telugu film industry considers me as a good performer rather than a glam doll. I haven't been given a chance here because I debuted with the wrong film," says Sanjana, referring to Ganda Hendathi and Boyfriend, the Kannada remake of Murder. "But in Telugu, I got Bujjigadu, which gave me recognition in Tollywood," she adds. And she won't be making any more guest appearances, like she did in the ill-fated Huduga Hudugi. "That was just by fluke. But I don't want any more roles where I'll be seen only for few seconds,"

Her next Telugu release, Dhushyasana opposite Srikanth, in which she plays "a character similar to Katrina Kaif's in Raajneeti, which was quite interesting", as well as the Malayalam film Casanova for which "I was in Dubai some days ago for the shoot". But is she abandoning Sandalwood for other southern film industries? "They keep importing heroines from other industries, so we have to go and try our luck in other languages. I hope this trend will end soon and we get a chance here," she replies.